How To SIM Unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 For Free
By Aatif | May 19th, 2013
Having a device can really hamper how you use it, especially if the network isn’t of your choice. While most of the times, the operator in question would let you unlock your device for a small fee, not everyone might be that lucky. Imagine a scenario where you’re travelling abroad and want to use another network’s , only to discover that you cannot thanks to a lock. Unlocking can really save you from quite a few hassles and tight spots.
As a rule, you can get almost any device unlocked by paying a small fee directly to the carrier, or to several that would let you purchase an IMEI unlock. However, in my personal experience, nothing beats the feeling of doing such a process yourself, and save those precious bucks in the process. , generally, has been more relaxed towards letting its users carry out a network/ on their devices on their own, provided they knew the right steps to follow. Earlier, we brought you a tutorial on how to carrier unlock Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II fairly easily without any specialized tool. Today, we’ll guide you through unlocking of the new flagship from Sammy, GT-I9505.
Before we proceed, please be advised that the usual disclaimer applies. Playing around the is , and more complicated than your average Android modding. Follow these instructions at your own perusal. Redmond Pie cannot be held liable for any loss whatsoever resulting from following this method. Also, this method applies to GT-I9505 only, and not to other variants of S4.
Step 1: Launch the Phone app on your Galaxy S4, and dial in: *#0011#
Step 2: Press the Menu button followed by the Back key. Then, hit the Menu button again and select KEY INPUT. Enter 1 and press the OK button to enter ServiceMode.
Step 3: Press Menu one more time and tap back again. This will pull up the Main Menu forServiceMode. Tap  UMTS.
Step 5: From the next screen, pick  NETWORK LOCK.
Step 6: You’ll get three options. Hit the one that says  PERSO SHA256 OFF.
Step 7: Now, you need to get back to Main Menu. To do this, hit the Menu button followed by the Back key. In Main Menu, now pick COMMON, and then  NV REBUILD.
Step 8: The phone will tell you that a Golden Backup exists. Tap  Restore Back-up.
Your device will now go through a series of “conditions”, where it will first freeze, then get on awith on and both capacitive buttons on, after which it will reboot automatically. The whole cycle might take a couple of minutes, so be patient. Once it powers back on, it’s network unlocked, permanently. Enjoy!
Thanks, Caesar for the hat tip!
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.
Galaxy S4 SIM ロック解除できる！
Are You Looking for This?
How to SIM-Unlock Galaxy S4
Just follow the steps below to unlock your Galaxy S4.part of using this procedure is that unlock achieved by it is permanent and it retains even if you install the official from your carrier. Take care that you do not press the Back button of your device. To go back, always tap on Menu button on phone and then select Back from the options.
- Launch Service Mode on your Galaxy S4. You can do this by dialing *#0011# on your phone’s keypad in Phone app.
- When the Service menu is launched, tap on Menu (left soft key) button on the phone and from the list of options, select Back.
- Now tap the Menu button again and select Key Input from the options. Doing this will popup a box. Tap on it, enter 1 and then press OK.
- Tap the Menu button once again and select Back. Doing this will take you back to the MAIN MENU of Service Mode.
- Now tap on the first option, that is,  UMTS.
- When you get into the UMTS MAIN MENU, tap on  Debug Screen.
- On the screen tap  Phone Control.
- Under the PHONE CONTROL menu you’ll see an option called  Network Lock.
- On the next screen, tap on  PERSO SHA256 OFF.
- Okay, now go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU by tapping on Menu (left soft key on phone) and selecting Back from the options.
- When you come back to UMTS menu, tap on COMMON.
- On the next screen, select NV REBUILD.
- Then tap on RESTORE BACK UP in the NV Rebuild menu.
- Your Galaxy S4 will now go into a temporary freezing state then you’ll see some activities. The screen will turn black, the LED will light Blue, and the Menu and Back key button on phone will turn on.
Finally, your phone will reboot automatically and it will take about a minute to boot up. YourGalaxy S4 is now SIM-unlocked! Enjoy the freedom from you carrier!if the unlock was successful or not, try a SIM card that is not from your carrier.
The method given above should work on most SIM-locked GT-I9500 and GT-I9505, but if it doesn’t help you, try the Method 2 given below. Actually, all steps are the same as above but there is a slight difference.
- Make sure your phone has the authorized SIM card in it (the same network to which it is locked).
- Open your Galaxy S4′s dialer and dial *#0011#
- Press the Menu key (left to the Home button). You’ll see a list of options, tap on BACK.
- Now press the Menu again the select KEY INPUT.
- Tap on the text-field and enter “ 1 “(one).
- Your phone should now enter SERVICE MODE MAIN MENU. If not, press Menu button and tap on BACK again.
- Now tap UMTS
- Then DEBUG SCREEN > PHONE CONTROL> NETWORK LOCK> PERSO SHA256 OFF
- Now go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU. To do this, press Menu then Back several times till you reach UMTS MAIN MENU.
- Tap COMMON> NV REBUILD> RESTORE BACK UP
- Your Galaxy S4 will now go through a series of unusual stages. It’ll will freeze, the screen will turn black, LED will light in Blue, Menu and Back key will turn ON.
- Wait about a minute till the device reboots.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 should now be SIM-unlocked! To verify the successful